Here I am, stuck at home, together with the 2nd kid. While the rest of the fam went to church this morning and is now at a relatives' place having dinner. I have been in bed for a week now, mainly because of adult mumps and the complications I've had since I got this.
Some of you might say, "Mumps? On an adult? Whut?!" Yep, I have them. I know I didn't get them yet when I was a kid so for sure, when the youngest had them, I was next in line. She was always with me and sleeps in between I and the hubby. We cuddle, we kiss. You know the drill.
So let me tell you what has happened in the past week, aside from NOTHING.
- I have had the fever for many days now. It only goes down when I take antipyretics (Medicol and Advil) or give myself cold packs on the head and face. Since yesterday, it has gone down one notch. In fact, I was able to drive up until Greenhills earlier to get my replacement charger for this Macbook. (Ugh, I'm a few thousands poorer -- remind me!)
- I have been feeling that my heart skips a beat or two every so often. This one I really dread, and have woken up several nights, praying to God to forgive me, claiming He'll bring me to heaven and not anywhere else if it's already time. At the back of my mind, it was all okay, except that I kinda worried for my family and my parents. They'd be really, really sad, I know. This gave me a hard time breathing, which leads me to another happening...
- I think I have asthma again. I haven't been taking my MaxGXLs for quite some time now, and especially not since I've had the mumps. So I know this was bound to happen too. Plus my immune system has been compromised.
- My pee smells funny. For the past week, this has been so. I either cough it up to the mumps, or the meds I'm taking is taking toll on my kidneys, or that my blood sugar levels may be high.
- I get chills every time. Although I can take a bath, I still need my blanket and socks at times, even when its in the middle of the day. Without A/C.
- My back aches like there's no tomorrow. Well, in general, my whole body does. My back just became the highlight.
- I wasn't able to eat well during the first 5 days. Now I eat better BUT I get dizzy after every meal. Weird, I know.
- I started a journal just right before I got the mumps and haven't really written anything substantial for a few days. So much for my Bullet Journal-ing.
- I have orders for the business that I couldn't deliver. Well, because.
- I have projects for my part time stint, and yes, I still wasn't able to deliver.
- I had too many ideas, but then my laptop charger broke down on me, so I had to drive some 33 kilometers (to and fro) to get a replacement, which by the way, costs a fortune.
Yes, a lot has happened. I've also documented my face during this experience. Please excuse the not-prepared-for-a-photo faces.
|High fever redness|
This is my ordeal. Still not completely healed as of today, but I know that in the days to come, I will be. I also wouldn't want to worry about the other things I've been feeling lately too. Nothing will harm me. My God is with me.
Also, we received many blessings this week too. Paid bills and really high grades and honors for my children. GOD IS GOOD.
Ciao for now :)