Friday, March 20, 2015

My Lavish Lashes Fairview Terraces Experience

If you have followed my life based on my blogs and FB posts, you'd definitely know that I'm a WAHM. A WAHM with 3-4 jobs all at once, who sleeps 3-4 hours on good days, and has a social life of zilch.

Now, making myself pretty is not something usual. I'm not your "maarte" girl who only has shopping lists for herself. I have 3 kids to feed and a (aherrmm, not-so-tidy) house to maintain. It's not an easy life.

But a few weeks ago (3, I think), I decided to go ahead and have my lashes prettified. My eldest and I were about to do a "special number" (is what they call it) in church that weekend. I wasn't about to put myself in front of these people without at least creating a good look to the name. Now that I think about it, it may be a fall-back in case I didn't do well with my singing. Lolz.

Days before the event, I was frantic on finding a good eyelash salon that's near me. I used to go to iLash in Megamall, but a 2-hour car ride slash traffic just won't do it. Scouted the mall, and there I found Lavish Lashes. I asked questions first before I had my lashes done. Was it natural hair? No, it was silk. I just didn't want a fake, almost like plastic hair since I've had some bad experiences in other salons that didn't exactly specialize in eyelash extension but were offering it as a service. So I agreed to get a Glamour extension. I would've opted for a more dramatic look but the shop manager said that since my last extension was years ago, it may be best to sign up for the middle length and thickness.

Here is a pic of my lashes after :

I actually loved it. Except for the fact that I lost an earring (not too sure if it was inside the shop or elsewhere), which I noticed while taking this picture. 

Days went by, and I knew that after 2 weeks I need to get it re-done or touched up since some of the lashes had fallen already. And it was kind of itchy and a bit painful if the lashes went inside my eyes. So on the 2nd week, which was yesterday, I went and asked for a full touch up. They asked if I wanted the same length (Oh yeah, that was one good service I noticed, is that they asked for what length and thickness you would like.. I think they also measured my natural lashes for comparison). And I said yes. So I was there lying on their couch for a good 45minutes to an hour (thank you hubby for patiently waiting). I didn't really like the ambiance of Lavish Lashes in Fairview Terraces by the way. They didn't have a sound system that played relaxing music, rather it was from playlists on Youtube that well, should I say, sounds really cheap? Plus, the fact that the attendant did NOT wear a face mask this time, I can feel and smell her breathing! Another thumbs down factor, is that they kept on talking about personal lives, and it wasn't in a low tone. If one of my purpose is to get prettified and be relaxed, it would've defeated that. Also, I felt that a drop of adhesive went into my skin. The attendant was silently trying to take it out, but since she knows it hurts, she stopped on her 3rd try. She didn't mention anything. Anyway, I have more to say, but this post is not about THAT rant.

Finally, it was time for the lash reveal. 

I got disappointed. See the pic why. Let me know if you noticed. 

This picture does not do justice to what I wanted you to see. This lash version is thinner and shorter. Whenever I look in the mirror, I don't get that satisfaction just as I did on the first one. I asked the attendant if this was the same, and she said yes. She even said that it may look THICKER this time since she just added lashes to the ones that were left from the last time! Thicker?! Really? I feel like I've just used 1 coat of mascara on this one. 

I feel cheated. 

It's exactly the reason why I wrote this. 

Sigh. Bring me to iLash NOW!

Contemplating on whether to go back and have them re-do, or just suck it up and wait for the next 2-3 weeks. Knowing myself, I would opt for the latter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment